Photoshop ~Somewhere~

Photoshop
~Somewhere~


Somewhere, a place that we were asked to place ourselves. The purpose of this piece is to put ourselves in an area that we would love to be or haven't been. Above, is a picture of me, while wearing some hiking gear, placed on the Stairway to Heaven Hike on O'ahu, Hawai. 

I chose this photo because I love the outdoors. If there were an opportunity, whether it be to adventure and capture Hawaii's beauty, to have a summer internship, or to somehow be there for a few months, I would take that opportunity in a heartbeat. I love the ocean because I have lived near it for the past four years, and I also love the mountains. Therefore, Hawaii is the perfect scene for me to be. Over the years, I have seen this hike advertised. It has been at the top of my list since. HOWEVER, while scrolling through google to find this fantastic exposed photo (thank you to whoever took this, you allowed me to practice my photoshopping techniques), I discovered that this particular hike is closed down by the state. It is illegal to step foot on the trail due to high risks. I do understand why it is a high risk. The mountain ridge trail was established in the 1940s by the Navy. Later on, the steps were replaced into metal steps and ramps - 3,922, to be exact. 


Below are the photos that are in my piece. The overlook photo-based in Hawaii, as discussed above, and then the two pictures of me. There are two of me because I liked the perspective of the one with the top of my head chopped out better. Which led to the need for the second one to help mask in the original hat structure.







Thank you, I'm looking forward to tackling this method of photoshop and challenging myself even further in the future!!

Comments

  1. Molly! This somewhere project looks so realistic! I love that your hands looks as though they actually wrap around the railings. This project really incorporated your interests. One thing I would adjust is the coloring on your hands because they are much lighter than the rest of your body and don't really match the background. Other than that I think this turned out really well, I hope you achieve your goal of visiting this point and eventually taking a real photo like this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did not notice that my hands were that bright. I will have to go back and make the proper adjustments. Thank you for pointing that out, Andrea!

      Also, I am glad I redid this particular project because I wanted to make it more my style! I'm happy to hear it showed :)

      Delete
  2. I love how this turned out. This project makes me want to travel there. I think you did a great job placing yourself at just the right spot so you look like you are truly there. The only piece of advice I have is to maybe add some contrast to your hands they look a little off in terms of the lighting, but great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me want to travel there even more, so relatable LOL! Also, thank you for the feedback. I was not aware that my hands looked like casper.

      Delete
  3. This looks so real you could convince me that you were actually there! Really good job! The only part that seems slightly off is the feet, but this is obviously really hard to do because of the steps. This turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing that out Amanda! I will have to revisit and make the proper adjustments.

      Delete
  4. This is a really impressive project! I think what makes it look so realistic is the unique perspective that you took the original picture from. One thing I suggest is to adjust the lighting of either the background or the photo you took of yourself so that it would blend even better. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, thank you for your feedback!! I will look into it and make the proper adjustments.

      Delete
  5. Very impressive! I really think you did a great job with compiling these photos into one image! It's very convincing that you're at the top of this mountain. I was genuinely shocked when I saw how well your lined up everything from your hands to your feet in the reference. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Max! While composing this project, I took a few too many photos and then realized that I could use the puppet warp adjustment in Photoshop to correct the details. After getting the hang of it, it was WAY easier to use than I thought it would be. Thank you again!

      Delete
  6. I think you did an amazing job with this project positioning your hands in the right positioning to fit the hand railings in your somewhere picture. The way you chose to blend yourself in the picture and how you brought creativity into this assignment was a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Logan! The puppet warp adjustment in photoshop came into handy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photoshop - Somewhere

Illustrator CC - Self Portrait- "Be True. Be You. Be Kind."

InDesign - Business Cards